Feed My Lambs
Feed My Lambs: Is a group of women who care and support mothers and their children in order to give them the skills they need to raise their children in a healthy, loving and caring environment.
As a group of woman, we are passionate to see other women’s lives transformed through the values imparted to us by Jesus, and to see their lives change from a place of brokenness to a place of wholeness.
Our mission, is to inspire, encourage and support women to be a positive inﬂuence in their homes and their community. And to empower the women in our care with conﬁdence, a sense of belonging and a hope for the future, knowing how to love and be loved.
We do this through:
- Building intentional and committed relationships
- Sessions every Tuesday during the school term from 11pm-2pm, with anything from 4-20 mothers and their children.
- Weekly coaching and mentoring during the Tuesday session and/or separately as the needs arise.
- Meeting immediate needs such as; providing nappies, milk formula, baby wipes etc.
- Teaching basic life skills such as; literacy, communication, driving, cooking, making baby food, budgeting, educating their children through play and creativity.
- Improving self image.
- Helping with health and medical needs (visiting Doctors/nurses/dentists).
- Helping with transport i.e., pick ups – drop offs.
When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter:
Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?
Yes, Lord, he said, you know that I love you.
Feed my lambs
Again Jesus said:
Simon son of John, do you love me?
Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.
Take care of my sheep.
Goals and objectives
Our expectations are that at the end of 12 months with Feed My Lambs:
- The mothers have a new found conﬁdence in themselves, with their peers, and as mothers.
- That they are conﬁdent with the life skills they have been practising.
- That they are able to teach others the skills they have learnt.
- That they have built ﬁrm and lasting, healthy relationships with the team, and with other Mothers and children in the Feed My Lambs network.
- That all would come to know the love of God.
Supporting Feed My Lambs
We are very grateful for all the support we receive for Feed My Lambs. We are frequently asked how churches or individuals are able to support us, so we hope the following info helps:
Mums are supplied with the necessities for baby to toddler; nappies, wet wipes and baby formula (we promote "Breast is Best") on a weekly basis. On average it costs us $50 per week per Mum (with 2 children) and we have 20 Mums per week attending this ministry. If you would like to support us financially to help cover these costs please email our ministry co-ordinator Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org for bank account details.
Even though our Mums do not have much, we really want to bless them and their children with pre-loved clothing that is in great condition. Our guidelines for people are:
- We like to give them our best offering.
- Basically; If you are happy to dress your own child in it, we would be happy to receive it and gift it to the families of Feed My Lambs.
- Freshly washed items are a real blessing. We are a small team of volunteers (all busy Mums too), so it will help us immensely to get the items to the families straight away. Also freshly washed items would be a big help, as our volunteers live in rural areas supplied by water tanks and water is precious during the summer months.
If you would like to know where to send the items, please email Lucy@rongopaihouse.org.nz.
Thank you for your support and for your prayers!
With Love and Many Blessings to you all ...